Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thy Third Eye needs Rest too.


The ancient Greeks said that to See is to gaze
And think and Gain with the mind's bright aid.

That's why even casually we say, "I See"
And you see how language and its history
Can illuminate for us, to feel this phrase used freely :
"Vidya" - that some try seek - in Sanskrit
Is the fruit from the Great Biblical Tree.
But wherefore true knowing without thorough seeing ?!
"Video", as you and I know ! is something on show
For us to look and feel and for us to see.
This shared genealogy of two simple words
In the giant fraternity of idioms and words
And I can't put in words the mind's automatic glee.

Yet all this seeing with my own two eyes
And too much straining to see hampers
The faculty of feeling; fatigues me naturally.
The irony right now is, I close my eyes
To calm and rest.
And quick opens the third eye,
As if impatient in youth,
But in truth
It is but restless
And indisciplined.

To dissect - not see - this me sitting.
Sitting with closed eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment