Friday, July 26, 2024

Being like a fish

I have a problem
I fall in love easily
When the going is good
Almost akin to greed
For what a fellow man
Or woman has to offer

This evening 
At the secluded beach
The fishermen were busy pulling the nets
Their wives threw their lines at us
I got hooked
The push and pull
Went on for a while
At the end they got a bit
Of what they wanted
In return
They gave me enough
Smiles and laughs 
That I did not mind their tricks, their skills
While the fishermen husbands were still at it
With the eternal sea.




----------


The wives above are based on a group of women from Karnataka who were selling trinkets to tourists in Goa. They were expertly using all their skills and tricks, and even had learnt fluent English because of foreign tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment