Thursday, April 15, 2010

Distressful Homonyms

Distressful Homonyms

Since for me now you have no warmth to spare
I sense I must adopt a sane and spare

Philosophy to ease a restless state
Fuelled by this uncaring. It will state

A very meagre truth: love like the rest
Of our emotions, sometimes needs a rest.

Happiness, too, no doubt; and so, why even
Hope that 'the course of true love' could run even?

by Vikram Seth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Seth

Excuse me if I violated some
Written law. "Hunted" the poem from
a website, aptly called poemhunter.com !

But if I did err, there was volition
I have to agree, though no ill intention.
'll regret I think not, later this action.

Praise I must, though my person
is far invisible from your station.
This, an inferior poet's commendation,

is a small token of appreciation
For your simple sad observation
on a restless lover's situation.

On the technical side of things,
the distressful homonyms
may appear a cheat for easy rhymes.

A cheat that is harder than not !
Can not imagine how you got
this gift for craft and for thought.

Cheers !
Narimus

Dear Reader,

This doggerel of a token
is a weird recommendation.
It was not the intended action.

Still if you entertain this notion,
a happy accident. Your attention
may take a chance diversion.

I will only say this much.
Enjoyed Mr. Seth's poem a bunch.
And others also from his whole bunch.

yours truly,
Narimus

No comments:

Post a Comment