Saturday, April 17, 2010

Stupidly Grinning

I can't stop smiling.
For no good reason.
O wait !
There is one.
Hasn't it happened to all of us ?
Out of nowhere has come
A pretty girl
Talks sweetly
To you for a while,
On an otherwise
Normal Friday evening.

Sweet chance, happy chance
You're great !
Sat down to write something
When you intervened
And then She
And her young friends,
All energy.
Infected me with a general cheer.
Now I'm smiling stupidly
And happily by myself,
Gazing peripherally
At the same world,
Which is now pretty,
On a beautiful Friday.

--------------------------------------------------

I can't stop smiling.
For no good reason.
But wait, there's one !
Obvious and glaring.

Hasn't it happened
to you out there ?!
It must have I swear.
We're lucky my friend.

Out of nowhere
A pretty girl's come.
Sweet talk and some
Nice time, you share.
On a day random,
you normally won't care.

Sweet happy chance,
You're quite bright !
While planning to write ...
Your sudden entrance.

Soon she was here.
And other young folk.
Their energetic talk
found me all cheer.

Now I'm grinning
stupidly, happily.
Gazing emptily
at the same world spinning.
Spinning now prettily
on a Friday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment