Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chance Encounter

Chance,
You be cruel.
On an innocuous day,
Showed generosity,
Like the king,
To the expectant subjects,
On a festival's expedient occasion;
Gave your foolish subject
a loveliest feeling.

But,
like that king himself,
who, the expediencies fulfilled,
spending affectionate years
with power,
became readily a tyrant,
so are you,
reveling
in your vested tyranny.

I be your game and prey,
have gamey fun
at my expense, while I,
bound, try to escape
your calm clutch.

Your steady pursuit,
and my pursuit unbegun
has lost track.
Hard to lose you
once you're on scent,
the very same you
who gave that sweet
lovey-dovey feeling.
(of course,
like how the not hungry lion
gives a start to the unsuspecting deer
for a pleasure chase)

Now,
I'm at your mercy,
and, till you've had your thrill,
will roam around trackless,
with a hopeful eye out
for the sweet one.


--------------------------------------
5/17/10 : May' 10

No comments:

Post a Comment