Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Unlikeable Poem :P

Ah ! Poetry !
That high form of verse !
Thou art so kind
And kinder still.
From run of the mill
To Buffalo Bill,
Your bounty overflows
As all and one knows.

Here for example,
Take this procrastinating creature.
Who can still be a poet.

Booooom ! Thundeerrrrrr !

"A Poet ! Fie !
Why not The Poet ??"

Haha ! Sorry there,
My dear reader,
The muse interfered !!
But it's fine.
Better something than nothing
As they divine.

So, I was a-saying
We allllll can be Poets.
Even better, there's Poetry
In allllll of us !
That's how kind Poetry is.

Boommmmmm ! Thunderrrrrr !

"I wishhhh
I wasn't soooo kind ...."

Hehehe ... seems like
I'm quite inspired today !
The Muse is being
extra-kind for a change.
How else can I
Make Procrastination
My Inspiration ?!

A poem I'll write,
while procrastinating.
An unlikeable poem while at it !
But still a poem you see.
For Poetry is kind to me.
Allows Tomfoolery.
You can't have,
On the other hand,
A good or bad equation
A good or bad theorem.
Only correct or incorrect.
Useful or not-too-useful....

Moreover, Poetry is kindest !
Allows for silly paradoxes.
If you, my dear reader,
Can tolerate a bad joke,
Don't tolerate this poem
Under your brow !
(Now there's a Groucho paradox
with a bonus Wink)
Then with our power combined,
We render truth value
Unto this self-proclaimed poem,
And to the myth of Muse !
And this Muse is completely mythical
I tell you, for what Muse
Inspires one to write unlikeable poems
With bad jokes !!
Else if you feel too kind and gracious,
then I say Cheers !

Cheers to Poetry's kindness,
To its allowing Paradoxes
To its being useful and/or not-useful
To its transcending correctness
To its allowing Corniness !

Booommmmm ! Thunderrrrr ! Lightninnnggg !

"I wish I'd access to lightning
To extinguish your very very being."

No comments:

Post a Comment